Search Engine Marketing
“Search Engine Marketing (SEM) plays a vital role in maintaining online presence at right place at right time & in front of right future prospect in today’s competitive market.”
Search Engine Marketing (SEM) is a process by which multiple methods are utilized to improve market visibility and exposure for a brand, product or service.
SEM mechanisms include Search Engine Optimization (SEO), social networking, bid placement, pay-per-click (PPC), contextual advertising, paid inclusion, geomapping, AdSense and AdWords, as well as multiple media formats, such as YouTube and geospecific marketing, like Foursquare.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO): Maximizes search result exposure by targeting and driving Web traffic and ultimately delivering increased sales. The majority of search engine page results come from unpaid or organic search. SEO optimizes websites to ensure top search engine placement, such as Google, as only 15 percent of searchers continue beyond page one.
Social Media Marketing (SMM): Focuses on branding, reputation enhancement and enhanced customer service via social networks like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn. Smaller SMM channels include Digg, Delicious, Wikipedia, StumbleUpon and MySpace. Social networks are visited by a collective total of over one-billion people. Thus, even the simplest marketing efforts, like paid advertising, reach potentially large audiences.
Paid Search: Examples of paid search include sponsored links, banner and sidebar ads, where contextually generated ads are based on organic search results.
SEM increases Web activity in the following ways:
- Engaging users
- Driving traffic
- Enhancing brand awareness and reputation
- Increasing search engine result pages (SERP)
- Selling products or services
- Generating leads
- Providing content for research purposes
- Increases conversion rates
- Search engine marketing, or SEM, is one of the most effective ways to grow your business in an increasingly competitive marketplace. With millions of businesses out there all vying for the same eyeballs, it’s never been more important to advertise online, and search engine marketing is the most effective way to promote your products and grow your business.
- In this guide, you’ll learn an overview of search engine marketing basics as well as some tips and strategies for doing search engine marketing right.